When to see a dermatologist
Minor skin conditions can be treated safely at home, while there others that would require a specialist's care
- You spot a mole that has irregular borders or is changing shape or size.
- You have a painful, cystic pimple that you need to get rid of fast.
- If you have Eczema where the skin is dry, itchy, and irritated.
- You have rough, scaly patches on your scalp, knees, elbows, or lower back.
- You’re losing more hair than usual or notice a bald spot.
- Acne that is not responding to over-the-counter skin treatment.
- Minimizing skin damage or caring for aging skin, a dermatologist can suggest products or lifestyle changes that reduce your exposure to damaging elements.